Our shared purpose and mission is to ensure, to the best of our collective abilities, that all Parkwood Elementary students learn at high levels and are fully literate in all content areas so that they are fully prepared to succeed academically, emotionally, and socially at each grade level.
We envision a future as an established Professional Learning Community within which student, staff, and parent learning is the expectation and student achievement is the product of our combined efforts.
Collectively, we believe:
- Every child can learn
- No one of us is greater than the sum of us
- Working collaboratively, we have the ability to meet the needs of every learner
- Student engagement is the key to student learning and student mastery
- We must be learners if we are to teach effectively
- We don't teach subjects--we facilitate the learning of children